Reports To: Community Education Director (CED)
Salary: $25,000. This is a part-time position for 30 hours/week, and no benefits will be offered. The CEA will be compensated for travel related to job functions.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in social work, public health, or a related field with one year youth-focused teaching experience;
- Experience in public speaking and/or presenting workshops in diverse communities;
- A passion for social justice issues and commitment to ending violence;
- Experience in the field of primary prevention preferred;
- Experience in the field of sexual assault and/or intimate partner violence preferred;
- Computer skills required, including Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook;
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work independently as well as part of a team; and
- Strong organizational skills, punctuality, cultural competency, professionalism, and written and oral communication skills.
General Summary of Duties:
To assist with the implementation and evaluation of practice- and evidence-based violence prevention strategies and awareness activities to youth-focused audiences throughout Lexington, Richland, Newberry, and Sumter Counties.
- Uphold STSM’s mission to advocate for and support survivors of sexual assault and abuse and educate the community to prevent and recognize sexual violence.
- Provide superb delivery of prevention education curriculum in a variety of settings, including youth and adult audiences.
- Assist CED in contacting and contracting with schools and community groups to implement Prevention Education Programs;
- Administer assessments to program participants and maintain data entry and documentation for each presentation;
- Represent agency at education and outreach events on weekends or after hours; and
- Other duties as assigned or required by grantors.
*Resumes accepted until position is filled. If interested, please email a cover letter, resume, and references to Kayce Singletary, Community Education Director at email@example.com. No phone calls please.