Reports to: Development Coordinator
Location: Columbia, SC
Salary: $30,000-$33,000 (generous benefits package including 401(k) 3% match after one year employment)
The Marketing Coordinator is charged with primary responsibility for implementing the organization’s marketing plan, generated as part of a strategic plan process. Position is responsible for leading the execution and evaluation of comprehensive and strategic marketing and PR programs to promote and enhance STSM’s brand. The Marketing Coordinator works closely with the Executive Director and the Development Coordinator to enhance and support the overall mission of the organization and to ensure that STSM is recognized as a leading expert in sexual violence prevention and in serving survivors of sexual violence.
Bachelor’s degree and minimum two years of marketing experience – specifically with creation of collateral materials. Candidate should be goal-, detail-, and results-oriented. Must be experienced in proofreading, basic graphic design, developing media contacts, and public relations. Ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial thinker who enjoys a creative challenge.
Campaigns and Communications (80%)
- Ensures that the organization’s mission, vision, and brand standards are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization
- Implement marketing plan to include:
o Oversight and production of all external communications including annual report, quarterly newsletter, and other collateral materials
o Build strategy to promote and implement major projects, including new programs and collaborative ventures
o Inventory, update, and distribution of all print and web communications
o Creation of strategy and content for inbound marketing tools
- Lead external campaigns to enhance the recognition of crisis intervention, counseling, and education programs with service providers and potential clients
- Write press releases and other promotional materials to increase awareness
- Pitch stories and build relationships with local media contacts
- Maintain media contact lists
- Participate in the planning and coordination of events for the organization, including all Sexual Assault Awareness Month events and other events throughout the year
- Responsible for photography and videography of trainings and special events
- Assist Board of Directors with event marketing as needed
Community Outreach (5%)
- Assist Volunteer Services Coordinator and Community Education Director in training Speakers Bureau volunteers to provide community outreach
- Schedule speaking opportunities and agency fairs and coordinate Speakers Bureau staffing of outreach events
- Package appropriate collateral for distribution at outreach events
Sexual Trauma Services of the Midlands advocates for and supports survivors of sexual assault and abuse and educates the community to identify and prevent sexual violence. Resumes accepted until position is filled. If interested, please email a cover letter, resume, writing sample or example of collateral design, and references to Mary Dell Hayes, Development Coordinator at email@example.com. No phone calls please.