What is Intimate Partner Violence Intervention?
Intervention strategies include programs that address survivors of intimate partner violence and perpetrators.
Intervention strategies for survivors include:
- a 24-hour crisis hotline that provides:
- safety planning
- legal advocacy
- children’s services
- temporary food and housing
- teaching people about domestic violence and problems that come with domestic violence
- reaching out to people who are victims of domestic violence
- teaching people domestic violence is NOT OK
- teaching youth in school how to identify and avoid domestic violence
- working with police and law enforcement to better protect victims and their families
Direct service programs may also provide:
- Emergency medical care
- Emergency transportation
- Employment assistance
- Educational assistance
View SCCADVASA’s Member Organization here.