Summary: This position will work with Safe Harbor’s Community Team to provide advocacy and case management services to clients of Safe Harbor. These services include assisting victims with Order of Protection, preparing clients for court, case management, community and systems advocacy, safety planning and education on the dynamics of domestic violence with incoming community counseling clients. This is a full time, salaried position eligible for full benefits.
Reports To: Contract Licensed Professional Counselor
- Facilitate Order of Protection process with victims of domestic violence by:
- Assisting clients in filling out OP paperwork
- Providing clients with basic domestic violence education
- Providing basic referrals in the community for client’s needs
- Preparing clients for client process
- Work with contracted attorney to support clients and document outcomes of court for statistical purposes
- Researching Order of Protection process in Safe Harbor’s 4-County service area and identifying gaps/barriers that victims are facing in various counties
- Assist with monitoring intakes and case assignments.
- Provide case management, safety planning and education on the dynamics of domestic violence for incoming community clients.
- Conduct thorough assessments of clients’ needs and develop individualized safety and case plans in collaboration with clients, addressing immediate concerns and long-term goals.
- Maintain accurate and confidential case records, monitor client progress, and adjust case plan goals as needed.
- Maintain client confidentiality in accordance with professional, federal and state guidelines.
- Maintain a catalog of up-to-date community resources and their requirements.
- Provide community and systems advocacy for clients and make appropriate referrals to community resources based on client’s needs.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with local community agencies, service providers and legal resources, increasing Safe Harbor’s network of community resources for clients.
- Facilitate/Co-Facilitate Empowering Survivors Support Group or Domestic Violence Education Classes.
- Compile monthly statistics, reporting on information/numbers on your work with your clients and the clients themselves.
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry of client interactions according to agency standards.
- Participate in all mandatory staff, continuing education and/or clinical meetings offered at Safe Harbor.
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or related field or Associate’s degree in human services or related field with minimum 2 years of experience. High school diploma or equivalent with relevant experience acceptable.
- Ability to relate to individuals in an empathetic, non-judgmental, and supportive manner.
- Fluent written and verbal bilingual (English and Spanish) linguistic skills, preferred but not required.
- Possess insight and self-awareness to be confident in the role, with knowledge of personal capabilities and limitations.
- Possess ability to manage confidential materials in an appropriate manner.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Must possess the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a crisis-oriented environment.
- Must work well in a team setting, and be able to utilize other direct service staff to gain perspective and assistance with duties of the job. Must possess conflict resolution skills.
- Possession of a valid SC Driver’s License and/or reliable transportation for occasional travel.