As the donation assistant, you will be responsible for carrying exceptional service through positive and effective communication with customers/donors, as well as, efficient operation of the store and the team of people you’ll be working with. You will provide the Store Manager with the help required to keep the shop in top running order such as: Receiving goods from the community, processing items for the shop to sell, answering the donation door when needed, separating donations, communicating with customers and clients with skill and care, cleaning donated goods and lifting them to the shop floor. Processing clothing- home décor- shoes, assisting wherever needed in the processing area. The Donations Assistant should be able to multitask several aspects of the resale store daily with confidence and enthusiasm. Effective communication with the manger, employees, and customers is crucial. Confidentiality is required as it relates to sensitive information, Safe Harbor Clients and donors. This is a part time, hourly, non-exempt position.
- Follow the guidelines of Employee Handbook of Safe Harbor and the procedures of Safe Harbor Resale Shop.
- Ensure that the processing area is clean, safe, and presentable throughout your shift
- Greet and assist customers/donors when you’re working the donation door
- Clean, price, and hang items to sell
- Assist Manager and co-workers in creating and implementing shop events & shop projects
- Must be prompt and dependable
- Exercises discretion regarding acceptance and/or disposition of donated goods and maintains donor relationship through attentive customer service when working the donation door
- Help to maintain a clean, attractive, orderly, and safe work environment throughout the store
- Participate in store special events
- Responsible for loading and unloading donation trucks/vehicles assigned
- Experience working with one or more of the following: individuals experiencing homelessness, mental health related issues, substance abuse, domestic violence, and with those living in poverty preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Good hand and eye coordination. Fully understand how to move and lift large pieces of furniture.
- Responsible for moving items that are donated and sold by the public.
- Ability to perform physical work, including working in outdoor elements and lifting up to 50 lbs. unaided is required.