Summary: The cashier/floater should be able to operate several aspects of the resale store daily with confidence and enthusiasm. Good communication with the manger, employees, and customers is crucial. It’s important to be able to deal with confidential matters that will be discussed with you in meetings with the manager and coworkers. This is a part time, hourly, non-exempt position.
Reports To: Store Manager
- Follow the guidelines of Employee Handbook of Safe Harbor and the procedures of Safe Harbor Resale Shop.
- Ensure that the store is clean, safe, and presentable for customers throughout your shift
- Greet and assist customers when you’re working the cash register or when other sales associates are busy
- Clean, price, and beautifully display merchandise in accordance with thrift store procedures
- Assist Manager in creating and implementing shop events, shop displays, and shop projects
- Must be prompt and dependable
- Exercises discretion regarding acceptance and/or disposition of donated goods and maintains donor relationship through attentive customer service when working the donation door
- Help to maintain a clean, attractive, orderly, and safe work environment throughout the store
- Participate in special store events
- Responsible for loading and unloading donation trucks/vehicles assigned
- Experience working with the public and providing customer service.
- The donations department is responsible for securing in-kind donations to benefit Safe Harbor. This is partly done through sourcing and cultivating relationships with in-kind donors. The donations are to be handled with care.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional boundaries in working with coworkers, clients, volunteers, and donors.
- Must be able to lift and carry donation items weighing up to 50 pounds with assistance.
- Must be able to sustain a full shift (4 to 8 hours depending on scheduled hours) of standing, walking, lifting, and bending. While performing the duties of this job there is frequent reaching, bending, stooping, and stretching.
- The most important aspect of this job is to understand the core values of Safe Harbor and why we work so hard at the shop to support it. This should be the drive of our passionate work we put in each day.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
Good hand and eye coordination. Fully understand how to move and lift large pieces of furniture. Responsible for moving items that are donated and sold by the public. Ability to perform physical work, including working in outdoor elements and lifting up to 50 lbs. unaided is required. Must be able to lift, squat, reach, bend, push and pull for the duration of the shift.