Upcoming SCCADVASA Conferences and Regional Trainings
Human Trafficking Training Series for Member Organizations: 4/7/22 — 5/25/22
This training series is designed for our member organizations to help them explorethe intersections of DV/SA work with human trafficking. We will learn more about populations that are more vulnerable to trafficking, how to identify collaborative partners in your area, and what steps to take to better serve trafficking survivors. The series consists of one statewide virtual training date + one in-person training session per region. View event flyer. *NOTE: This is a member-only event. You must be logged in to Coalition Manager in order to register. Learn more and register starting 2/21/22.
Immigration Law & Policy Updates for Victims of Crime – SC Immigrant Victim Coalition – Midlands: June 7, 2022 at 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
The Midlands Council of the SC Immigrant Victim Coalition is pleased to host this interactive training with trusted immigrant victim attorneys regarding updates on the recent legal and policy developments related to immigrant survivors of crime. Our speakers will provide a basic overview of the available immigration remedies and insight into emerging issues and trends regarding immigration enforcement priorities for victims and witnesses and victim-specific immigration remedies. Learn more and register now!
Who Should Attend: The program will benefit attorneys, judges, prosecutors, law enforcement, child welfare professionals, guardian ad litems, advocates and others who regularly work with immigrant communities and immigrant victims of crime in South Carolina.
- Patricia Ravenhorst, General Counsel, SC Coalition Against Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault
- Rebekah Niblock, Staff Attorney, Immigrant Justice Program, Charlotte Center for Legal Advocacy
- Rebekah Hiatt, Staff Attorney, SC Victim Assistance Network
- Anne Ross, Tri-County Human Trafficking Task Force Attorney, Charleston Pro Bono Legal Services
- Jennifer Pinilla, Pinilla Law Firm
- Olivia Jones, Olivia Jones Law, LLC