We’re all connected.
The last year offered us all an opportunity to reflect on which pieces of life should be centered, which should be placed on the edge to provide a strong frame, and those which may not serve us well as we build our own individual puzzle.
Beginning October 2021, in correlation with Domestic Violence Awareness Month, SCCADVASA is launching our 2nd Annual Peace by Peace campaign, a fundraising and awareness event.
Utilizing the image of a jigsaw puzzle reminds us that each piece of a puzzle is an important part of the whole. Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) has many different manifestations including physical and emotional abuse, financial entanglement, use of licit and illicit substances, and misuse/abuse of children and its victims and survivors come from every part of the community – regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation and economic status.
“Even in times of rapid change, critical truths remain.” said Sara Barber, Executive Director of SCCADVASA. “The epidemic of violence that creates cascading impacts of harm in our communities is not inevitable. And in truth, all of us hold a piece of the puzzle in building an effective framework of prevention. Now is the time to reflect upon, and determine, which piece you hold.”
What unique skills or talents can you bring to address these complex issues?
What is your part in helping to attain our vision of a violence free S.C.?
2021 SCDVAM Media Items:
- #Every1KnowsSome1 and Peace by Piece Campaign Press Release
- “When Men Murder Women 2021” – Washington, D.C.-based Violence Policy Center’s 24th annual study
- SCCADVASA Official Statement on S.C. Ranking 6th in VPC annual study
- SC reverts to 6th-worst in the nation for women killed by men, a new report shows – The Post and Courier 9/29/2021
- The lie you tell yourself helps perpetuate domestic violence in SC – Opinion Editorial written by Sara Barber, The Post and Courier 10/1/2021
- Remember these names, and help reverse SC’s legacy of domestic violence – Editorial written by The Post and Courier 10/5/2021
- DVAM Interview with Sara Barber – City Talk by City of Columbia 10/4/2021
- DVAM Interview Series with Sara Barber – S.C. Attorney General’s Office 10/12/21
- Sara Barber interviewed on Ring Initiative & Domestic Violence Awareness Month – Beaufort News 10/22/2021
- Sara Barber speaks about Domestic Violence in S.C. on “This Week in South Carolina” – SCETV 10/29/2021
- South Carolina ranks among the worst for domestic violence — Here’s what can help – WBTW News 13 11/1/2021