This October in recognition of Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) , SCCADVASA is partnering with NNEDV and other state coalitions across the nation in a national combined campaign for Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) and GiveForDV.
Everyone Knows Someone
More prevalent than most realize, one in four women and one in seven men will experience domestic violence in their lifetimes. Anyone, regardless of gender, race, sexual identity or orientation, or socio-economic status, can become a victim of domestic violence.
This year’s campaign theme, #Every1KnowsSome1, strives to highlight how common domestic violence is and that it is more than physical violence.
Each of us has a role in changing the narrative about what domestic violence is, to whom it happens, and how we can support those who are experiencing it, and ultimately prevent it entirely.
The goal of these two joint initiatives is to start a coordinated national conversation about domestic violence and how we can all contribute to changing the narrative on this overshadowed, but fundamental topic, then build on that conversation to raise awareness, increase donations and volunteer efforts, and deepen community engagement by connecting our work nationwide.
NNEDV #Every1KnowsSome1 Toolkit
Join our #PeaceByPiece Annual Campaign
How can you help? Join us!
Show your support for victims and survivors by following our social media accounts and sharing the content we’ve already prepared with your own networks throughout the month of October with the hashtag #Every1KnowsSome1 and #DVAM. Additional hashtags #SCDVAM, #PeaceByPeace, #GiveForDV and #ViolenceFreeSC.
Participate in the DVAM National Week of Action, October 17 – 23, 2022 and stay engaged throughout the year to show your support!
- Media Monday (10/17): Journalists have a responsibility to cover domestic violence responsibly and survivors deserve for their stories to be treated with respect. On this day, we will dive into helpful resources. Click here to learn more + find media resources.
- Twitter Chat Tuesday (10/18): Join @NNEDV (English) and @WomensLaw (Spanish) from 3:00-4:00 PM ET to explore the National Resource Center on Domestic Violence (NRCDV)’s DVAM theme: “No Survivor Justice Without Racial Justice.”
- DVAM Day of Giving (10/19): Survivors, advocates, and programs urgently need support. YOU are the missing piece! We’ll be officially launch our 3rd annual Peace by Piece campaign (more info via link above). Click here to make a donation today.
- Purple Thursday (10/20): Our favorite day of #DVAM: #PurpleThursday! We’ll be wearing purple to show our support for survivors and our commitment to ending violence. Get the Purple Thursday printables, frames, and more here.
- Pay It Forward Friday (10/21): There are plenty of ways to support domestic violence survivors and advocates. Learn how you can Get Involved here.
- Speak Up Saturday (10/22): Local, state, and federal policy is crucial to our work to end domestic violence, and we need your voice to join us and #StandWithSurvivors.
- Support Survivors Sunday (10/23): Every survivor deserves support, whether they choose to share their stories or not. Make time to learn what you can do to help create safety for the survivors in your life.